Wednesday 3 April 2013

Day 1

Today was the first day of the Module, Elementary Mathematics. I was indeed looking forward to class, hoping to learn mathematical concepts that I could use and teach children. 

I have learnt that there was more than 1 way to solve a problem and in teaching, we begin with teaching children by modeling first, followed by scaffolding children's learning either through prompting or questioning. Next, we provide and finally the last stage of teaching is explaining to children. 


Mathematics is not only about numbers but also the language we use. 

I learn terms which I would love to share with all. 

Ordinal numbers = position (Time & Space) 

Time = I am 3rd in the race. 
Space = I am sitting at the 4th row. 

Cardinal = To tell the amount, quantity (Counting)


Nominal = Names (eg. bus no, block no)


Measurement = Units (eg. 3 litres)


No comments:

Post a Comment